Monday, May 17, 2010

Rainy, Busy Monday

Today was such a long day for me and my mom and to top it off it was cold and raining. Now I am laying on the couch with my legs propped up to ease my aching back. I want to share my enlightening experience with you but my brain is a little too drained and my eyes might not stay open much longer. So instead I am going to do a quick post to share two projects by two awesome people.

One is the beautiful music written and performed by Wheatie Mattiasich. Wheatie is one of those sweet girls you meet and instantly admire. Everything about her is unique and mysterious and you want to be her friend and sit in a big open field with her while she plays you music. You can listen to a small sample of her work on her MySpace page and if you love what you hear (and you will) you can buy her CD by sending her a little e-mail. My favorite tunes come from her CD Sothful Croonings. Wheatie recently e-mailed me to congratulate my pregnancy and I am so glad she did because I had almost forgotten all about her music. But now I have fallen back in love with it and I have been listening to it on repeat. Go listen and fall in love for yourself. Sugarcane will melt you.

The other thing I want to share is a project my best friend Katie has just started. She was very inspired by the book I recently posted about, Obsessive Consumption. As an effort to control her own spending she has started drawing her daily buys on her blog called today i bought. I love her little line drawings and I can't wait to see her Starbucks addiction unfold. Katie has always supported me and while I hope her spending gets more controlled, I hope she keeps buying and drawing too.


Okay, that's all from me for now. Time to indulge in TV and cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment