Sunday, May 23, 2010

Gardening!

As I've been exploring some hobbies to take up while I have all this free time on my hands, Gardening definitely came up. I've never had much of a green thumb so this one might be a bit of a challenge. Also, finding a spot that is perfect for gardening is also a bit complicated since or backyard is over taken by our dog and the front yard doesn't get as much sunlight that some of the plant need. BUT I think I found a solution:

Upside-down gardening!!!


I might be a little late on the scene, but I have never heard of growing your veggies upside down. Have you?? Well, I stumbled upon this article in the New York Times yesterday and was instantly intrigued. It seems a little difficult at first, but manageable. Like I've said before, I have plenty of time for trial and error. The article also directs the reader to other websites that are more detailed and show you how to build the planters. Of course some plants work better than others upside down and I wonder if herbs would be successful. I'm really anxious to start growing my herbs so I don't have to buy a bundle of cilantro or basil, which I usually end up wasting. Instead I can pick and go as I please.

Also, I have plans on starting an Etsy shop to sell some of my vintage finds. I've started taking some pictures but I am trying to gather some more things and price fairly. I often find great little clutches and scarves. Here are a few of the pictures I've taken, but I might need to re-shoot due to lighting and small details that bother me (like the fold lines in the scarves).







And of course I want to start sewing. I actually found a used but nice Singer Sewing machine on Craigslist for only $25! It was a steal. It was missing the bobbin but those are a dime a dozen.

So there you have it. Those are three projects I want to take on for the summer. I'll keep you posted and would love some tips if you have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment