Sunday, May 2, 2010

Let's talk Style

What I am about to show you are some of my favorite looks and inspirations for my own everyday look.


This is my newest inspiration. I am now obsessed with longer skirts, heels, and simple tops and the scarf perfects the whole look. Pair the outfit with a simple bracelet and ring and you're done. This will be my summer look (plus a growing belly).


I also love this look, equally as simple to achieve. This is for the girl who isn't quite into skirts and heels, but still wants to look chic. I fell hard for the boyfriend jean look back when Katie Holmes started the trend and I fell hard for the blazer look when J. Crew threw it in our faces and I'm falling hard for the casual oxford look now (though it is taking me forever to purchase a pair).

**stumbled upon on The Satorialist


Betty has one of the best styles I've ever seen. She is absolutely beautiful and always wears such interesting clothes with the best shoes. She has that perfect French style that so many ladies try to copy.


These are some looks from the Stella McCartney line. I love how simple and chic the clothes are. And I always go crazy for a black skinny pant.
**stumbled upon on LindseyLieu


These looks come from the Summer 2010 See by Chloe lookbook. I always love everything from See by Chloe. The looks are so effortless, but perfect. I love the use of color in all of the looks.


Now let's remember that I am a lady on a budget so while I admire Stella McCartney and Chloe and all those other great labels I don't actually own any of them. I like to bargain shop and I think I'm pretty good at it (see previous post). So I mostly look for the right pieces to complete these looks at places like Forever 21, Urban Outfitters (the best sales), Gap, Target, Banana Republic (sale section), Ann Taylor Loft (one of my new faves), and, of course, Ohio thrift stores. I love, love, love Ohio thrift stores. I have found sooo many cute skirts to complete that first look. And I always find vintage purses (ALWAYS). The best part? I can find multiple pieces and hardly break a twenty dollar bill. So take this as an invitation to come to Columbus and visit me. We'll go thrift store shopping and eat a Rad Dog.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment