Thursday, July 1, 2010

July 1st Already???


I can't believe it's already July. Where did June go?? And how about May? This summer (and pregnancy) is flying by. I can't believe I only have two more months until I meet my baby girl. I know she is going to be adorable and wonderful and loved by everyone. I can't wait!

Anyways.....
This summer weather has me drinking more Sweet Iced Tea than I probably should but sometimes I just can't help it. It's sooo good. I've been making it myself and recently realized I can spruce it up with a little extra flavor from the garden. I've already made Mint Iced Tea by just adding a few mint leaves. My mom and I loved it, my dad, however, said it tasted "weird." But my dad thinks anything that isn't traditional is "weird." I just figure it means more for Mom and I.

My next experiment will be to make Lavender Simple Syrup to add to Iced Tea or Lemonade. Simple Syrup is so easy to make and I've come across plenty of recipes. We also have plenty of Lavender in the garden.

Another fusion I want to try is Watermelon Basil Iced Tea. I have a lot of Basil growing right now and want to use it for more than just pasta. There are plenty of easy recipes for Basil infused drinks. If I weren't pregnant I would definitely be adding Vodka or Gin into the mix, but alas, that will have to wait until next summer.

**Just a little note --- I'll be adding new things to my shop today so check back later for updates!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment