Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Little Project

I've been thinking a lot about how this pregnancy is going to be over in a matter of weeks (5!!) and it's a little bittersweet. I can't wait to hold Baby Girl in my arms but I am going to miss feeling her love nudges in my belly. My whole world is going to change and there really is no way to be fully prepared, I can only be optimistic, excited, and willing to learn every lesson thrown my way.

Anyways, all this thinking has made me want to do a little photo project in anticipation of Baby Girl's arrival. I have decided I want to document some of the items that will soon belong to Baby Girl. I will set up still lives of the items such as clothing, toys, jewelry, etc., and photograph them in my style. I want to involve text, maybe a little explanation of what the item is or where it came from or who got it for her. Everything deserves a story. Ideally I would love to make a little book of the images and writings for her to have when she is older.

Here is the first photograph I took:


This is my baby ring and it will soon be her baby ring. The thimble is simply a beautiful prop to help reference the size of the ring. Now I have to think about the writing to accompany this photograph.

What do you think of this project? I would love some feedback.

2 comments:

  1. Dani, this picture is wonderful. I love it. I think that's a great idea. I'm so excited that she'll be here soon. I can't wait to meet her. I hope she looks just like you, maybe even more beautiful if that's possible. I've been reading all your blogs, and of course talking to you, and I know you were totally cut out for motherhood. Baby girl has such an intelligent, talented, role model in you. I'm so proud of you. -Love your sis, Trudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I can help you lay out the book and typeset and make it (if you need help)

    love,
    aunt katie :D

    ReplyDelete