Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I'm back....

I have been so absent from this blog since little Ava has come along. Shame on me. Any free time I have I am either eating, cleaning, showering, or catching up on my favorite blogs. This blog and my Etsy shop has been put on the back burner. But starting this week I plan on getting back to my little hobbies. Another reason I haven't updated much is because I have been debating what I want this blog to be about. Do I want it to be a personal blog where I discuss my life as a new mother or do I want it to be a general blog about design and fashion and other interests? I've given it some thought and I am going to do my best to make it a best of both worlds kind of blog. But I suppose only time will tell how that goes. I have some ideas for this blog and for my shop and I am excited to get them started.

On a side note, another reason I haven't been updating is because this past week little Ava and I had some very special visitors. Two of my best friends came to meet Ava. Meet Auntie Katie and Auntie Alyse...



Us girls had so much fun. We lounged and ordered pizza and watched lots of TV (just like the old days...). We took little Ava to a fancy Happy Hour (I know, I know, Baby at a bar....maybe a little controversial...not to us.). Mama had her first night out minus little Ava and had a delicious dinner and a well deserved glass of wine. It was a such a fun week and I miss them already. It was great to have them around to remind me that I am more than just a mom. As a new and young mother I think it's really important to be reminded that I am my own person whose interest are more than breastfeeding and baby development (I'll write more about that in another post). We had a blast and Auntie Katie recorded a lot of fun moments that you see here.

I miss them so much and I am so happy they are a part of our lives. They are going to teach little Ava so many things about art and fashion and NYC. I can't wait.

That's all for now. But please don't desert my blog! I promise I am going to update regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment